TruFacts Newsletter - May 2007
Look for TruStile® at PCBC 2007, May 30 to June 1 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco (booth 331). TruStile will display an inspiring mix of MDF, wood and glass doors, as well as selections from our new eye-catching Designer Door collection. Also, don’t forget to check out TruStile’s popular new mirror door option which adds a full lite mirror on the back of any panel door.
Do you have that in Green? TruStile is excited to be part of Build it Green’s AccessGreen directory of recommended products for Green builders. TruStile’s MDF doors are environmentally-friendly and SCS certified to contain 93 percent recycled content. Click here for more information about our compelling Green benefits.
TruStile’s new commercial catalog, Architectural Doors for Commercial Applications, is now available. The catalog is a resource for commercial architects and designers, exclusively covering our line-up of commercial-grade stile and rail doors with photography from a wide range of projects. To request copies of the catalog, please complete our literature request form.
Industry-Leading Tools Make it Easy to Custom Design and Specify Doors
TruStile is proud to partner with architects and designers to make architecturally-correct doors an important element in residential and commercial design. Check out TruStile’s tool suite for door design and specification.
TruCAD® door design tool
TruStile’s industry-leading door design tool at www.trustile.com puts you in the driver’s seat and lets you design any of TruStile’s 350+ doors to your exact specifications – including height, width and thickness. You can then print out your door design and download a DXF or DWG file to import directly into AutoCAD.
To use TruCAD
- Go to the door design tool at www.trustile.com.
- Start with the type of door you desire - panel or glass.
- Select one of TruStile’s 400+ door styles.
- Begin customizing your door from there.
- Download a CAD drawing of your door and print a copy.
- Use your imagination and repeat often.
|Arts and Crafts TS3240 in Cherry with square stick (SS) sticking and flat (C) panel||Victorian TS4070 with a radius top in MDF with Roman ogee (OG) sticking and raised (A) panel|
Authentic Designs™ by TruStile
Featuring specific door styles that complement 12 distinct architectural styles, Authentic Designs helps make door selection easy. From Art Deco to Victorian, Authentic Designs is a reference tool to narrow down architecturally-correct door specifications for any project.
AIA and ASID continuing education course
Contact TruStile’s dedicated Inside Sales Representative to schedule an AIA and ASID approved continuing education course for your firm. Attendees will get a box lunch, continuing education credits and an introduction to TruStile’s made-to-order manufacturing capabilities.
Classically-Trained Architect Uses TruStile to Build Period-Specific Homes
Jeffrie Lane Architect, P.C. is a small, full-service architectural firm in Nyack, New York specializing in period-specific, traditional residential design. Lane studied Architecture at Syracuse University and spent 12 years working in several high-end residential firms in Manhattan prior to establishing his own practice in 1994.
Lane began using TruStile Doors in his projects in 2006 and has quickly become a TruStile loyalist. Lane leverages TruStile’s fast, made-to-order manufacturing capabilities to specify doors that match the architectural style of the home, without compromising the project’s budget or timeline.
He shares his reasons for using TruStile Doors in his own words:
“As an architect who specializes in traditional residential design, I have been more and more discouraged by the quality of stock interior doors. Most of the manufacturers who supply these doors have a limited selection of styles that I can use in my projects. This makes it necessary to specify custom doors, which has a significant impact on project costs. After being introduced to the TruStile line of interior doors, I immediately responded to the distinct advantages TruStile offers.”
- “All of TruStile’s moulding profiles are crisp, sharp and well-primed – far superior to the competition.”
- “As an architect who practices within the classical or vernacular tradition, I am often frustrated by the limited choices of stock door manufacturers, like 6-foot-8-inches, 7-foot or 8-foot tall doors. Since TruStile’s manufacturing concept is based on the quick production of custom doors, I am able to specify all aspects of the door design, starting with the height.”
- “TruStile also allows me to specify the size and height of the lock rail, which is critical for non-standard doors. Most stock door manufacturers position the lock rail at a height that is uncomfortably high for hardware placement and yields a panel layout which is static and uninteresting in appearance. With Trustile, I can specify the size and height of the lock rail based on the scale of the room and the door.”
- “TruStile’s manufacturing system eliminates the typical deterrents of custom door orders in a couple of ways – turnaround time is exceptionally fast and reliable, and the price cannot be beat compared to a custom door from my local cabinet shop or specialty millwork supplier.”
- “More and more of my clients are expressing an interest in an environmentally responsible approach to building. The Green benefits of TruStile’s MDF doors satisfy that criterion handily.”
- “Using glass on interior doors is one of my favorite techniques to enliven interior spaces. TruStile’s line-up of designer glass is downright exciting!”