Lifetime Limited Warranty
Interior MDF Doors
What This Warranty Covers. TruStile Doors Inc. (TruStile) warrants to the original buyer of a TruStile MDF Door specifically for interior purposes (the “Product”) that the Product shall:
- Comply with the WDMA Industry Standard I.S.-6 (in effect as of the date of manufacture of the Product) pertaining to Measurements, Tolerances and Warp; and
- Be free from defects in materials and workmanship, including delamination.
Limitations and Exclusions.
The following are not considered defects in materials and workmanship to the Product and are not covered by this warranty:
- Any Product that is purchased from the manufacturer without the factory prime coat.
- Any Product that is over three-feet six-inches (3′6″) in width and/or eight-feet (8′) in height.
- For 1-⅜″ thick doors, warp not exceeding ¼″ in the plane of the door sized three-feet (3′) × seven-feet (7′) or smaller. For 1-¾″ or thicker doors, warp not exceeding ¼″ in the plane of the door sized three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′) or smaller. For 1-¾″ or thicker doors larger than three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′), warp not exceeding ¼″ in any three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′) section.
- Warp on doors in sliding door applications that do not contain the LVL Stile product option. Sliding door applications include Pocket Doors, By-Pass Doors, Barn Doors or any other sliding door application.
- Damage caused by attempts other than TruStile to repair the Product.
- Product failure due to improper installation.
- Damage caused by failure to comply with the finishing, handling or care instructions provided by TruStile. Including but not limited to damage caused by improper handling or on-site storage.
- Damage due to trimming more than one-inch (1″) total of the Product.
- Damage caused by failing to seal all six (6) sides of the Product. All edges must be sealed immediately after fitting and hanging with the integrity of the finish maintained.
- Defects caused by bow or nonalignment in the frame or jamb in which the door is hung or improper hanging.
- Damage due to failure to perform normal owner’s maintenance, including maintaining the finish (factory or non-factory finish).
- Variations or unsatisfactory results in gloss level, texture or appearance resulting from the field application of paint or other finishing material.
- Slight expansion due to differing environmental conditions.
- Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of TruStile, including but not limited to, damage caused by normal wear and tear weathering (including corrosion of components in seacoast applications); customer misuse, abuse, neglect or alteration; or, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, riots, war, acts of terrorism, hostilities, rebellion or other Acts of God.
- Doors shipped out of the continental US, Hawaii or Canada.
MDF Doors with LVL Stile Product Option
Any MDF Door manufactured with the LVL stile product option shall be covered by the same warranty and exclusions as above but include doors that measure up to ten feet (10′) in height.
MDF Doors with LVL Rail Product Option
Any MDF door manufactured with the LVL rail product option shall be covered by the same warranty and exclusions as above but include doors that measure up to five feet (5′) in width.
MDF Flush Doors with LSL Core Product Option
Any MDF Flush Door manufactured with the LSL core shall be covered by the same warranty and exclusions as above but include doors that measure four foot (4′) in width and ten feet (10′) in height.
Non-rated MDF doors and 20-minute fire rated MDF doors including those manufactured with LVL stiles and rails that will be used in a commercial application carry a limited lifetime warranty as stated above from the date of original installation to the original buyer of the TruStile Doors. 45-, 60- and 90-minute fire rated MDF doors are warranted for 5 years from the date of original installation with the same warranty exclusions as above.
How Long the Warranty Lasts and What TruStile Will Do
Should the Product fail to conform to this warranty within a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase of the Product, TruStile will, at its option, (a) repair the Product, (b) replace the Product in the same stage of fitting or finishing as was initially supplied by TruStile, or (c) refund the price originally paid to TruStile for the Product. After ten (10) years from the date of purchase of the Product, should the Product fail to conform to this warranty, you may purchase a new door similar to the Product at fifty-percent (50%) of the current retail cost of such door.
If the claimed nonconformity is warp, TruStile may defer repairing or replacing the Product for a period of up to twelve (12) months from the latter of the date of claim or the date of installation, as it is not uncommon for a temporary warp condition to occur as the door adjusts to local weather conditions. This deferral will not be counted against the warranty period.
What TruStile Will Not Do
TruStile is not responsible for transportation, shipping, removal, finishing, labor or installation charges or costs incurred in replacing the Product or any other costs relating to the replacement of the Product. In addition, TruStile shall not be responsible for indirect, consequential or incidental damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
How to Get Service
Claims under this warranty must be made in writing, with proof of purchase and prior to any repair work, to: TruStile Doors Inc., 1780 East 66th Ave., Denver, CO80229. TruStile reserves the right and must be given a thirty (30) day opportunity to have a TruStile representative field inspect the Product.
How State Law Applies
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. TruStile shall not be responsible for indirect, consequential or incidental damages, or for any amount in excess of the purchase price of the defective Product, whether the claim is for breach of warranty or negligence. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty sets forth TruStile’s maximum liability for the Products. TruStile makes no other warranty, expressed or implied with respect to its Product. No distributor, vendor or TruStile representative has the permission to alter this warranty.