What This Warranty Covers
TruStile Doors Inc. (TruStile) warrants to the original buyer of a TruStile MDF or Wood Door with Leather Panels or Rails specifically for interior purposes (the “Product”) that the Product shall:
- Comply with the WDMA Industry Standard I.S.-6 (in effect as of the date of manufacture of the Product) pertaining to Measurements, Tolerances and Warp; and
- Be free from defects in materials and workmanship, including delamination.
This Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Any variations or unsatisfactory results in color, texture or appearance of the leather; TruStile uses only full grain, vegetable tanned leather which will patina over time becoming more beautiful. Leather is a natural material that breathes and moves as it wears.
- Any Product that is over three-feet six-inches (3′6″) in width and/or eight-feet (8′) in height.
- Damage caused by attempts other than TruStile to repair the Product.
- For 1-⅜″ thick doors, warp not exceeding ¼″ in the plane of the door sized three-feet (3′) × seven-feet (7′) or smaller. For 1-¾″ or thicker doors, warp not exceeding ¼″ in the plane of the door sized three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′) or smaller. For 1-¾″ or thicker doors larger than three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′), warp not exceeding ¼″ in any three-feet, six inches (3′6″) × seven-feet (7′) section.
- Warp on doors in sliding door applications that do not contain the LVL Stile product option. Sliding door applications include Pocket Doors, By-Pass Doors, Barn Doors or any other sliding door application.
- Product failure due to improper installation.
- Damage caused by failure to comply with the care, handling, finishing and use instructions provided by TruStile. Including but not limited to damage caused by improper handling, on-site storage or improper cleaning.
- Damage due to trimming more than one-inch (1″) total of the Product.
- Damage caused by failing to seal all six (6) sides of the Product. All edges must be sealed immediately after fitting and hanging with the integrity of the finish maintained.
- Defects caused by bow or nonalignment in the frame or jamb in which the door is hung or improper hanging.
- Damage due to failure to perform normal owner’s care and maintenance, including maintaining the finish (factory or non-factory finish).
- Natural variations in the color or texture of the wood including variations in the appearance of “Product” from Factory Distressing.
- Variations or unsatisfactory results in gloss level, texture or appearance resulting from the field application of paint or other finishing material.
- Panel shrinkage of 1⁄8″ or less. (Note: Panels are designed to “float”. Temperature changes may cause the wood panels to shrink, leaving an unstained line along the panel edge.)
- Slight expansion due to differing environmental conditions.
- Doors shipped out of the continental US, Hawaii or Canada.
- Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of TruStile, including but not limited to, damage caused by normal wear and tear, weathering (including corrosion of components in seacoast applications); customer misuse, abuse, neglect or alteration; or, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, riots, war, acts of terrorism, hostilities, rebellion or other Acts of God.
- Damage or failure due to the chosen application or anything related to the design, construction or operation of the building that does not meet the care, handling, finishing and use instructions.
How Long the Warranty Lasts and What TruStile Will Do
Should the Product fail to conform to this warranty within a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase of the Product, TruStile will, at its option, (a) repair the Product, (b) replace the Product in the same stage of fitting or finishing as was initially supplied by TruStile, or (c) refund the price originally paid to TruStile for the Product. After ten (10) years from the date of purchase of the Product, should the Product fail to conform to this warranty, you may purchase a new door similar to the Product at fifty-percent (50%) of the current retail cost of such door. If the claimed nonconformity is warp, TruStile may defer repairing or replacing the Product for a period of up to twelve (12) months from the latter of the date of claim or the date of installation, as it is not uncommon for a temporary warp condition to occur as the door adjusts to local weather conditions. This deferral will not be counted against the warranty period.
What TruStile Will Not Do. TruStile is not responsible for transportation, shipping, removal, finishing, labor or installation charges or costs incurred in replacing the Product or any other costs relating to the replacement of the Product. In addition, TruStile shall not be responsible for indirect, consequential or incidental damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
How to Get Service
Claims under this warranty must be made in writing, with proof of purchase and prior to any repair work, to: TruStile Doors Inc., 1780 East 66th Ave., Denver, CO 80229. TruStile reserves the right and must be given a thirty (30) day opportunity to have a TruStile representative field inspect the Product.
How State Law Applies
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. TruStile shall not be responsible for indirect, consequential or incidental damages, or for any amount in excess of the purchase price of the defective Product, whether the claim is for breach of warranty or negligence. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty sets forth TruStile’s maximum liability for the Products. TruStile makes no other warranty, expressed or implied with respect to its Product. No distributor, vendor or TruStile representative has the permission to alter this warranty.